[lfs-support] New development live CD

Philippe Delavalade philippe.delavalade at orange.fr
Wed Mar 28 09:54:48 PDT 2012

Le mercredi 28 mars à 04:20, Eleanore Boyd a écrit :
> I spent my spring break cobbling together a live CD based on Ubuntu
> 10.04 that has been stripped down a great deal. It can compile LFS with
> minimal problems, and has a console-based browser and a very lightweight
> GUI browser to view offline copies of the LFS book or to go to the site
> and read online. Currently the window manager and GUI is gnome (though I
> may strip it out and only have X.Org running - it might shrink the size
> even farther). It also has QEMU, and Qemulator as a GUI interface for
> configuration. If anyone wants to suggest anything to add or subtract,
> I'll see about working it in without entirely destroying the system. If
> you want the iso, tell me where to upload it as I otherwise don't know
> how you're going to get it.............

Hi.

Being blind, I'm interested in accessibility ; so, is brltty on the livecd
? Is it possible to start it from the boot ? Is there a beep (or something
like that) to inform a blind user it's time to enter boot options ?

Thanks for informations on that subject. The previous lfs-livecd  (2130 I
think) was perfect.

--
Ph. Delavalade