[lfs-support] New development live CD

Eleanore Boyd cara117 at cox.net
Tue Mar 27 19:20:29 PDT 2012

I spent my spring break cobbling together a live CD based on Ubuntu
10.04 that has been stripped down a great deal. It can compile LFS with
minimal problems, and has a console-based browser and a very lightweight
GUI browser to view offline copies of the LFS book or to go to the site
and read online. Currently the window manager and GUI is gnome (though I
may strip it out and only have X.Org running - it might shrink the size
even farther). It also has QEMU, and Qemulator as a GUI interface for
configuration. If anyone wants to suggest anything to add or subtract,
I'll see about working it in without entirely destroying the system. If
you want the iso, tell me where to upload it as I otherwise don't know
how you're going to get it.............

Elly