[lfs-support] /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.14-gdb.py?

alupu at verizon.net alupu at verizon.net
Mon Mar 26 11:03:51 PDT 2012

I've also been bedeviled by the ldconfig problem reported by Andy
so I'm wondering if there has been any new thinking emerged
in the past two years on this topic.

Bruce sends the interested reader to a Bug report wherein someone
seemed to be comfortable with a suggested fix(?) found there.
Unfortunately, my Korean has become a little rusty lately, so what
I managed to make out was that the fix would recommend the offending
"-gdb.py" file be tucked away in something like '/usr/share/gdb/auto-load/'.

I mustered up the courage and moved my file to the indicated location.
'ldconfig' has been quiet like a mouse ever since but now I'm uneasy
about potentially new perils lurking in my system due to the change of venue.

Thanks for any comments,
-- Alex