[lfs-support] Package management

Andrew Elian e_lion_1 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 25 22:26:34 PDT 2012

Hello,

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:04:56PM -0500, Eleanore Boyd wrote:
> Has anyone thought of this: when you download a package, store it in the
> sources folder used for building the system, and organize it to personal
> preferences and tastes?

<snip>
Have a look at the hints page for some ideas:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/read.html

Quite a few people have added some form of package management to their
LFS.  Currently, I'm partial to dpkg.

> It seems like a good idea to me

<snip>
Give it a try and see how it goes.

<snip>
> am I giving out the idea on the wrong list?
> Elly
It may be more appropriate to post this type of chatter on the LFS chat
mailing list.

Have some fun putting together your LFS system!
ae
--
My Blog: http://elian001.wordpress.com