[lfs-support] Package management

Eleanore Boyd cara117 at cox.net
Sun Mar 25 20:04:56 PDT 2012

Has anyone thought of this: when you download a package, store it in the
sources folder used for building the system, and organize it to personal
preferences and tastes? That way, if you need to reinstall a package,
you still have the tarball it was installed from, and you can see your
installed packages quickly and easily according to your preferred
organization without relying on somewhat arbitrary definitions of the
appropriate categories of other people.

It seems like a good idea to me, anyway. And no, I don't really have a
better way of explaining it, as I would lose my life if it depended on
me explaining why I shouldn't be dead. Or am I giving out the idea on
the wrong list? This is the second email I've sent in the same day, and
I normally don't send emails..........

Elly