[lfs-support] Kernel

siefke_listen at web.de siefke_listen at web.de
Sat Mar 24 16:11:48 PDT 2012

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 00:45:23 +0000 Ken Moffat wrote:
>  Problem with your enter key? (I trimmed a lot of blank lines before
> your .sig).  Anyway, the message means one of three things:

I have Enter, sure. My Windows XP is crashed yesterday and something
with the sylpheed installation is not normal. I must search the mistake,
but at moment looks normal, so i hope all is fine now.

> (b) missing device driver(s) - for a real system, you have to build
> in (i.e. NOT modules) the drivers (normally, libata for both SATA and
> parallel devices), according to your chipset(s) - there are loads of
> different options.  For a virtual machine, you have to select the
> driver which matches what the vm pretends is present.  I've no idea
> which driver is needed, nor if it is shipped in the kernel or
> provided separately by vmware.  Google probably knows.

Its Sata device. I have run make localyesconfig, normal with this
i has never probs. I understand really not what is happen.

> (c) missing filesystem driver - similarly, you have to compile in
> the driver for whichever filesystem (probably one of ext4, ext3,
> ext2) you are using.

It can not be that, because ext3 is in Kernel, not as module i compiled
in.

>  BTW: for *real* hardware, only having partitions for '/' and swap
> would not be very nice - you would have nowhere to build a
> replacement system.  Most people think other partitions are a good
> idea (e.g. for /home, so that you don't lose everything when you
> upgrade LFS).

Its vmware and not real and other people do other things and other peoples
do again other things. I never use seperate /home partions, because i has
extern usb hdd which has all my personal stuff. So when is problem i has
my stuff. And what is important i has not on computer, not on cd, not on stick
or other i has in paper. never trust electric.

Regards
Silvio