[lfs-support] Mountfs bootscript stops shutdown

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 18:27:24 PDT 2012

Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> --- Em qui, 22/3/12, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
>
>> De: Bruce Dubbs Assunto: Re: [lfs-support] Mountfs bootscript stops
>> shutdown Para: "LFS Support List" Data: Quinta-feira, 22 de Março
>> de 2012, 17:44 Fernando de Oliveira wrote:

Interesting.  It looks like /proc is unmounted.  That didn't happen in
my tests.

If you can run an experiment for me, there are a couple of tests you can
make to check this out.  The stop portion of the script now reads:

stop)
   # Don't unmount tmpfs like /run
   log_info_msg "Unmounting all other currently mounted file systems..."
   umount -a -d -r -t notmpfs,nosysfs,nodevtmpfs >/dev/null
   evaluate_retval

   # Make all LVM volume groups unavailable, if appropriate
   if [ -x /sbin/vgchange ]; then /sbin/vgchange -an; fi
   ;;

First, try moving the vgchange line to right before the umount command.

The second test would be to use the current script but change the line:

   -t notmpfs,nosysfs,nodevtmpfs

   -t notmpfs,nosysfs,nodevtmpfs,noproc

I suspect that cheange one will work.  When testing, be sure to add back
the vgchange symlink.

The second change would be preferable because I am thinking of moving
the vgchange command to the swap script in case one or more swap areas
are LVM based.

OTOH, in /etc/rc.d/rc{0,6).d/ we now have S70mountfs and S80swap.  I'm
thinking that turning off swap before unmounting might be appropriate.
That is, change the symlink names there to S65swap.

   -- Bruce