[lfs-support] Mountfs bootscript stops shutdown

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:44:25 PDT 2012

Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> [...]

I wouldn't think that would be necessary.  If the command runs and
completes, regardless of an error or not, I don't see what would make
the shutdown scripts hang.

The way I debug this type of thing is to just put in a few echo
statements at critical places in the scripts:

echo "A"

echo "B"

etc.  If you want to stop the scripts at a particular point, use:

echo "Stopping at xyz point"
read

and then continue with a return.

If you are not using lvm, then one way to change the script behavior is
to merely remove /sbin/vgchange which is a symbolic link to lvm.

   -- Bruce