[lfs-support] preprocessor error

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 22 12:35:17 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 05:48:37PM +0100, siefke_listen at web.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:45:34 -0500 Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > This falls in the category of "It doesn't work."  We can't help if you
> > don't give any details.  Where is the kernel installed?  A directory
> > listing of /boot and the layout of your disk would help.  Also post the
> > contents of /boot/grub/grub.cfg.
>
> oh so i mean not. Okay i try much things it want not start. I think it
> was i use a boot Partion. I have now start new, and first run was without any
> errors :) and now i make secound steps and then we see what happen.
>
> Regards
> Silvio

 When you've got to the end, it's usually best to *wait* for advice,
repeating the build without understanding the problem is not a
reliable way to get better results!

 As you guessed, separate boot partitions can give problems with
grub2.  In my case (also with separate /boot partitions) I have a
directory 'boot' on the boot partition (i.e. /boot/boot when
everything is mounted) containing a symlink called 'grub' pointing
to ../grub.  I think that I created it (with /boot mounted, so from
the host system) using
 mkdir /boot/boot
 ln s ../grub /boot/boot

 I think this is necessary because grub installed its many
components into /boot/grub and assumes that is where they should be
when it needs them.

ĸen