[lfs-support] Mountfs bootscript stops shutdown

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 09:20:19 PDT 2012

Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> # cat /etc/lfs-release SVN-20120311
>
> As the subject reads, the mountfs bootscript stops shutdown to
> complete.
>
> The offending part is
>
> # Make all LVM volume groups unavailable, if appropriate

if [ -x /sbin/vgchange ]; then /sbin/vgchange -an; fi ;;

> as I discovered by commenting out, so shutdown went correctly, then.

I made that change fairly recently.  I don't know why it would hang your
system.  Could you please provide more details.  What do you have on the
LVM volumes?  swap?

Under what conditions can you run '/sbin/vgchange -an' from the command
line?

   -- Bruce