[lfs-support] Mountfs bootscript stops shutdown

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Mar 22 08:59:53 PDT 2012

# cat /etc/lfs-release
SVN-20120311

As the subject reads, the mountfs bootscript stops shutdown to complete.

The offending part is

      # Make all LVM volume groups unavailable, if appropriate
      if [ -x /sbin/vgchange ]; then /sbin/vgchange -an; fi
      ;;

as I discovered by commenting out, so shutdown went correctly, then.

In LFS6.5, 6.7, 6.8 and 7.0, the bootscript does not have these lines, although in SVN-20120311 it has "Version     : LFS 7.0".

One point in my machine which is different from BLFS (perhaps this message should have been sent there, not here?): version is LVM2.2.02.95, whereas in the book, we read LVM2.2.02.88 (although page's title is incorrectly marking lvm2-2.02.67).

Well, DJ told me not to change bootscripts or not telling others to, so I would like to know about a better fix to this.

Any reply to this would be much appreciated.

[]s,
Fernando