[lfs-support] usb mouse connects=disconnects repeatedly

Martins Gulbis lfs at tentyten.com
Mon Mar 12 09:57:02 PDT 2012

On 3/12/2012 8:07 AM, Juan Alberto Regalado Galván wrote:
> Martins,
>
> Maybe you could try to disable EHCI.
>
> By the way, I forgot to tell you. You could stop all those kernel messages with:
> dmesg -n1
> or:
> echo 1>  /proc/sys/kernel/printk
> or in LFS you can make this permanent by seting LOGLEVEL="1" in the
> file /etc/sysconfig/console or in /etc/sysconfig/rc.site.
> And you'll still be able to see them with dmesg (or even better dmesg | tail).
Hello again Juan!

You must have been reading my mind!  I was just about to post a message
asking about how to stop the messages.  I guess I would use dmesg -n1
right after logging in, or better yet include it in ..bash_rc or
.bash_profile., correct?

I have disabled EHCI.  My current configuration has only UHCI as the
only thing that is enabled in USB_SUPPORT.  It seems like UHCI by
itself, but not EHCI or OHCI.  With EHCI/or OHCI /enabled by themselves,
the system does not even find the usb mouse.  As II mentioned before, I
wonder what the significance of the disconnect-connect(s) occurring
almost exactly every 60 seconds is, and would not doubt that knowing the
reason would also lead to a solution of the problem.

Thanks again!  For now,  I think I will put a stop to the messages which
will make it easier to start using the system to work on BLFS.

Martins