[lfs-support] usb mouse connects=disconnects repeatedly

Qrux qrux.qed at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:23:23 PDT 2012

On Mar 11, 2012, at 7:19 PM, Martins Gulbis wrote:

> Support for Host-side USB
>    USB verbose debug messages
>    USB announce new devices
>   *** Miscellaneous USB options ***
> 	    USB device filesystem (DEPRECATED)
>       USB Monitor
>
> *** USB Host Controller Drivers ***
> 	xHCI HCD (USB 3.0) support (EXPERIMENTAL)
> 	EHCI HCD (USB 2.0) support
> 	  Root Hub Transaction Translators
> 	  Improved Transaction Translator scheduling
> 	OXU210HP HCD support
> 	ISP 1760 HCD support
> 	OHCI HCD support
> 	UHCI HCD (most Intel and VIA) support
>
> 	*** USB Device Class drivers ***
> 	USB Printer support
> 	USB Mass Storage support
> 	The shared table of common (or usual) storage devices

How about trying to remove things, to eliminate variables?

I'd start by removing:

	* USB device fs (it says it's deprecated)
	* xHCI HCD (USB 3.0) (it says it's experimental)
	* USB Printer support (you're just trying to get your mouse working, right?)
	* USB Mass Storage support (again, just get mouse working 1st).
	* USB Monitor (same reason)

I would also unplug everything except your keyboard & mouse (everything: storage, printers, other hubs, everything else).

I believe USB HID is important for keyboard & mouse, too, though I couldn't tell you specifically which kernel parameters for that.