[lfs-support] usb mouse connects=disconnects repeatedly

Martins Gulbis lfs at tentyten.com
Sun Mar 11 14:45:02 PDT 2012

On 3/11/2012 8:26 AM, Martins Gulbis wrote:
> On 3/11/2012 8:06 AM, Andrew Benton wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:33:47 +0000
>> Martins Gulbis<lfs at tentyten.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> I just finished getting my LFS 7.0 system to finally boot ok.   However
>>> the usb mouse I have connected seems to be constantly disconnecting and
>>> reconnecting after the system boots, filling the screen constantly
>>> connect/disconnect messages like the following :
>> This rings a bell with me, I think something similar happened for me
>> once. I think I "fixed" the problem by throwing the offending mouse in
>> the bin and getting a new one. Sorry that is not a very sophisticated
>> solution, hopefully someone else will have a better fix.
>>
>> Andy
> Thanks, I thought that the mouse may be the problem, but when I saw
> what I believe is an attempt to debounce  it , I was not  sure.
>
> Martins

Well, I bought and installed a new mouse. NO CHANGE.  One interesting
thing that I did notice though is that the disconnects/re-connects occur
almost exactly every 60 seconds.  I am not sure what to make of that.
I am hoping that someone may know how to stop this from happening.  I
believe the other alternative would be to turn off USB Support->USB
verbose debug messages and USB announce new devices and rebuild the
kernel. I believe that would at least eliminate the messages from
constantly showing up.

Martins