[lfs-support] Problem building Util-linux-2.20

Martin Knappe martin.knappe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 13:39:08 PST 2012

I am following the LFS 7.0 book

I am having a problem with LFS-BOOK-7.0-NOCHUNKS.html#ch-system-util-linux:

root:/sources/util-linux-2.20/build# PKG_CONFIG=/tools/bin/true
LDFLAGS=-lblkid \
>     ../configure --prefix=/usr --with-root-prefix="" \
>     --enable-elf-shlibs --disable-libblkid --disable-libuuid \
>     --disable-uuidd --disable-fsck
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-root-prefix,
--enable-elf-shlibs
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /tools/bin/install -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /tools/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
configure: Default --exec-prefix detected.
configure:   --bindir defaults to /bin
configure:   --sbindir defaults to /sbin
configure:   --libdir defaults to /lib
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C99... -std=gnu99
checking for gcc -std=gnu99 option to accept ISO Standard C... (cached)
-std=gnu99
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -std=gnu99 -E
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /tools/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /tools/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking for working volatile... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for fgrep... /tools/bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc -std=gnu99... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking how to convert i686-pc-linux-gnu file names to i686-pc-linux-gnu
format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert i686-pc-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format...
func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for ar... ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc -std=gnu99
object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc -std=gnu99 supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc -std=gnu99 option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc -std=gnu99 PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc -std=gnu99 static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc -std=gnu99 supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc -std=gnu99 supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc -std=gnu99 linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether to build gtk-doc documentation... no
checking for gtkdoc-check... no
checking for xsltproc... no
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
checking for linux/compiler.h... no
checking for linux/blkpg.h... yes
checking for linux/major.h... yes
checking err.h usability... yes
checking err.h presence... yes
checking for err.h... yes
checking errno.h usability... yes
checking errno.h presence... yes
checking for errno.h... yes
checking getopt.h usability... yes
checking getopt.h presence... yes
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking linux/fd.h usability... yes
checking linux/fd.h presence... yes
checking for linux/fd.h... yes
checking linux/tiocl.h usability... yes
checking linux/tiocl.h presence... yes
checking for linux/tiocl.h... yes
checking linux/version.h usability... yes
checking linux/version.h presence... yes
checking for linux/version.h... yes
checking linux/falloc.h usability... yes
checking linux/falloc.h presence... yes
checking for linux/falloc.h... yes
checking linux/cdrom.h usability... yes
checking linux/cdrom.h presence... yes
checking for linux/cdrom.h... yes
checking fcntl.h usability... yes
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking for inttypes.h... (cached) yes
checking paths.h usability... yes
checking paths.h presence... yes
checking for paths.h... yes
checking pty.h usability... yes
checking pty.h presence... yes
checking for pty.h... yes
checking mntent.h usability... yes
checking mntent.h presence... yes
checking for mntent.h... yes
checking net/if.h usability... yes
checking net/if.h presence... yes
checking for net/if.h... yes
checking net/if_dl.h usability... no
checking net/if_dl.h presence... no
checking for net/if_dl.h... no
checking netinet/in.h usability... yes
checking netinet/in.h presence... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking rpcsvc/nfs_prot.h usability... no
checking rpcsvc/nfs_prot.h presence... no
checking for rpcsvc/nfs_prot.h... no
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking asm/io.h usability... no
checking asm/io.h presence... no
checking for asm/io.h... no
checking sys/disk.h usability... no
checking sys/disk.h presence... no
checking for sys/disk.h... no
checking sys/disklabel.h usability... no
checking sys/disklabel.h presence... no
checking for sys/disklabel.h... no
checking sys/ioctl.h usability... yes
checking sys/ioctl.h presence... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking sys/ioccom.h usability... no
checking sys/ioccom.h presence... no
checking for sys/ioccom.h... no
checking sys/io.h usability... yes
checking sys/io.h presence... yes
checking for sys/io.h... yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking sys/mkdev.h usability... no
checking sys/mkdev.h presence... no
checking for sys/mkdev.h... no
checking sys/prctl.h usability... yes
checking sys/prctl.h presence... yes
checking for sys/prctl.h... yes
checking sys/queue.h usability... yes
checking sys/queue.h presence... yes
checking for sys/queue.h... yes
checking sys/sockio.h usability... no
checking sys/sockio.h presence... no
checking for sys/sockio.h... no
checking sys/socket.h usability... yes
checking sys/socket.h presence... yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking sys/syscall.h usability... yes
checking sys/syscall.h presence... yes
checking for sys/syscall.h... yes
checking sys/file.h usability... yes
checking sys/file.h presence... yes
checking for sys/file.h... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/un.h usability... yes
checking sys/un.h presence... yes
checking for sys/un.h... yes
checking sys/user.h usability... yes
checking sys/user.h presence... yes
checking for sys/user.h... yes
checking sys/resource.h usability... yes
checking sys/resource.h presence... yes
checking for sys/resource.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking linux/raw.h usability... yes
checking linux/raw.h presence... yes
checking for linux/raw.h... yes
checking langinfo.h usability... yes
checking langinfo.h presence... yes
checking for langinfo.h... yes
checking whether _NL_TIME_WEEK_1STDAY is declared... yes
checking whether llseek is declared... no
checking whether lseek64 is declared... yes
checking for inet_aton... yes
checking for err... yes
checking for errx... yes
checking for futimens... yes
checking for fstat64... yes
checking for fsync... yes
checking for getdomainname... yes
checking for get_current_dir_name... yes
checking for usleep... yes
checking for nanosleep... yes
checking for personality... yes
checking for updwtmp... yes
checking for jrand48... yes
checking for lchown... yes
checking for llseek... yes
checking for lseek64... yes
checking for strtoull... yes
checking for sysconf... yes
checking for getdtablesize... yes
checking for getexecname... no
checking for getrlimit... yes
checking for sigqueue... yes
checking for srandom... yes
checking for setresgid... yes
checking for setresuid... yes
checking for strndup... yes
checking for strnlen... yes
checking for strnchr... no
checking for inotify_init... yes
checking for prctl... yes
checking for posix_fadvise... yes
checking for getmntinfo... no
checking for __secure_getenv... yes
checking for warn... yes
checking for warnx... yes
checking for rpmatch... yes
checking for _LARGEFILE_SOURCE value needed for large files... no
checking for openat... yes
checking for fstatat... yes
checking for unlinkat... yes
checking for ioperm... yes
checking for iopl... yes
checking for struct sockaddr.sa_len... no
checking for library containing gethostbyname... none required
checking for library containing socket... none required
checking for dirfd... yes
checking whether program_invocation_short_name is defined... yes
checking whether __progname is defined... yes
checking whether the target supports thread-local storage... yes
configure: WARNING: uuid library is not found; mkswap(8) will not generate
UUIDs
configure: error: libblkid is needed to build util-linux mount