[lfs-support] Q: HOWTO: chainload from GRUB2 on /dev/sdb to GRUB2 on /dev/sda ?

Jeremy Henty onepoint at starurchin.org
Sun Feb 26 23:20:09 PST 2012

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> I don't know  how to exactly do  what you are trying to  do, but try
> dropping to  the grub  command line and  manually try  some commands
> (ls, etc).  You might want to try something like:
>
> grub> root (hd0,1)
> grub> kernel /boot/grub/core.img
> grub> boot

Thanks,  but those  look  like  GRUB Legacy  commands.   What are  the
equivalents for GRUB2?

This is *very* frustrating.  I can't find any definite answer for what
seems to be a simple  question.  Some references suggest that chaining
to a different MBR can't really work and others suggest that it should
just work.  Gaah!

Thanks for your help,

Jeremy Henty