[lfs-support] Package Users System -- missing ldconfig.c

Drew Ames jxa127 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 21 18:26:44 PST 2012

On 02/21/2012 10:34 AM, Juan Alberto Regalado Galván wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> ---snip---
> Following the hint [2] I was going to activate the ldconfig wrapper
> just to notice that the file ldconfig.c doesn't exist under
> /usr/lib/pkgusr, where it's supposed to be.
---snip---
> Best regards,
> Juan Alberto.
Hi Juan,

You're absolutely correct. I've built LFS twice now with package users,
but I was using the version of the hint from 2005. I wasn't even aware
that Matthias Benkmann had updated his hint.

My suggestion is to send Matthias an e-mail with the same information
that's in your previous message posted here. I e-mailed him before and
he responded promptly.

Now that I know the hint is updated, I too would like to use the
ldconfig.c if/when it is available.

Warm regards,

-Drew Ames