[lfs-support] Package Users System -- missing ldconfig.c

Juan Alberto Regalado Galván 00jarg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 07:34:51 PST 2012

Hello everyone.
I've built LFS many times before. Just one time I used a package
manager, called paco [1], described in the LFS hints. It worked ok.
But now I'm trying with the Package Users technique [2]. I'm using LFS
Book 7.0, and now I just finished with the phase 6.10. Re-adjusting
the Toolchain.
Following the hint [2] I was going to activate the ldconfig wrapper
just to notice that the file ldconfig.c doesn't exist under
/usr/lib/pkgusr, where it's supposed to be. This file is not in the
tarball attached to the hint. Whilst in the hint, the download url is
[3], in the LFS hints page you can find it here [4]. But the file
ldconfig.c is not there. So I was just wondering what happened to it.
Nevertheless I will continue, without the ldconfig wrapper. I just
wanted to remark the missing file.

Best regards,
Juan Alberto.

[1] http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/paco.txt