[lfs-support] automated lfs package-user

Firerat firer4t at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:41:41 PST 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 16:44 +0000, John Burrell wrote:
> Has anyone written a script or scripts which automate the lfs build using MSB's package
> user system?
>
> I've tried jhalfs in the past but everything gets installed as root, which I don't like.
>
> I've used a hacked version of the package user system for some time now and I like it a lot.
> It's very easy to control what gets installed and to catch Makefiles which trample all over
> your system. Just take a look at cups to see what I mean.
>
> I've built lfs a few times and I'm not doing it again manually, so can anyone help me?
> If not I'll write it myself, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
>
> Regards
>
> jb.

I started one
https://github.com/Firerat/FR-Automated-LFS_BLFS

I haven’t done much with it of late ( last commit was two weeks ago )
The LFS side *should* be 'ok', but might need a little interaction, I
need to grind through it again a few times

The BLFS is very unstable and requires lots of attention
for example I have not fixed xorg recursive dependencies, but there is a
sed in the readme

And, yeah sorry the scripts are a little messy, I need to clean them up.
reorder things to make them readable

Oh, the LFS script only does chapters 5 and 6

but please, feel free to have a look and improve on it

--
Firerat
Talented, Witty And Thoughtful .. is how most describe me.