[lfs-support] automated lfs package-user

John Burrell john_burrell at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 08:44:16 PST 2012

Has anyone written a script or scripts which automate the lfs build using MSB's package
user system?

I've tried jhalfs in the past but everything gets installed as root, which I don't like.

I've used a hacked version of the package user system for some time now and I like it a lot.
It's very easy to control what gets installed and to catch Makefiles which trample all over
your system. Just take a look at cups to see what I mean.

I've built lfs a few times and I'm not doing it again manually, so can anyone help me?
If not I'll write it myself, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Regards

jb.