[lfs-support] LFS-7.0 7.13. The Bash Shell Startup Files

Firerat firer4t at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 2 21:47:03 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 20:57 -0500, Baho Utot wrote:

> You will get the error above on anything that requires perl when it is
> built.
>
> If you unset LANG that works or you can add the following to
> /etc/profile fix the error
>
> export LC_ALL=C
>
> So profile should look like this
>
> cat > ${pkgdir}/etc/profile << "EOF"
> # Begin /etc/profile
>
> export LANG=<ll>_<CC>.<charmap><@modifiers>
> export LC_ALL=C
>
> # End /etc/profile
> EOF

if you look at the commands as the 'raw dump' of make dump-commands
it looks like this

   cat > ${pkgdir}/etc/profile << "EOF"
   # Begin /etc/profile

   export LANG=**EDITME<ll>_<CC>.<charmap><@modifiers>EDITME**

   # End /etc/profile
   EOF

Mine is, LANG=en_GB.UTF-8

rule of thumb, stuff in <>  usually means <replaceme>

you should pick one from the list you get with this

   locale -a

--
Firerat
Talented, Witty And Thoughtful .. is how most describe me.