[lfs-support] Android "build buddies" -- thanks!

Firerat firer4t at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:08:55 PST 2012

On Feb 1, 2012 9:18 PM, "Robert A. Lerche" <ral at msbit.com> wrote:

> My thanks to Firerat and DJ Lucas.  I am well on my way -- I have
> successfully built gingerbread-release and run it in a target!
>
> DJ> IMO, the biggest pain of building android is learning to use the repo
> DJ> script instead of git by itself.
>
> Yes, that is the thing I'm still a bit fuzzy on.  How do I check out a
> different version after fetching all those zillions of git
> repositories?  I specified "gingerbread-release" on the "repo init"
> and that seems to have worked, but what if I want to try a different
> version?

The same repo init but with -b <branch>
that gets you the 'new' manifest.xml
then repo sync
At least that's how I do it, which is not very often.

it's not ideal,
The trouble is, projects that were in the oldmanifest and not in
newmanifest are purged, including any local git branches you may have added.

Assuming disk and bandwidth are not an issue it is probably easier to just
start a new 'repo root', copying the current for 'speed' ( common project's
.git will be preserved )

I have toyed with the idea of tweaking repo a little, but never got round
to looking at it

--
Firerat
Talented, Witty And Thoughtful .. is how most describe me.