[lfs-support] Gmp.h missing from mpfr

Firerat firer4t at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 1 07:47:16 PST 2012

I'm going to break a rule by top posting ;)

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 20:47 +0530, mohit jain wrote:
> Hii Alain
> I am using LFS-6.7 version for building LFS and UBUNTU 10.04 LTS as
> the host.
> While compiling(issuing the make command after configure) gcc-pass1
> (which needs mpfr, gmp and mpc as its subpackages) it is showing an
> error "gmp.h can't be found, or is unusable" and in the next line
> "make[1]: *** [configure-mpfr] Error 1" I got that the mentioned file
> is missing but don't know how to fix this error.
> Please help me I am building LFS as my final year engineering Project.
> I am attaching the text from the terminal if you want you can have a
> look at it.

I'm fairly certain you need some of these ( from your attachment )

checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for yacc... no
checking for bison... no
checking for gm4... no
checking for gnum4... no
checking for m4... no
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... no
checking for flex... no
checking for makeinfo... no
checking for expect... no
checking for runtest... no
checking for ar... ar
checking for as... as
checking for dlltool... no
checking for ld... ld
checking for lipo... no
checking for nm... nm

    vii. Host System Requirements
and confirm your host is setup correctly
probably a good idea to start chapter5 over again, after rm /tools/*

--
Firerat
Talented, Witty And Thoughtful .. is how most describe me.