[lfs-support] Gmp.h missing from mpfr

Matijn Woudt tijnema at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 07:24:23 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM, mohit jain <mohit_jain240790 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hii Alain
> I am using LFS-6.7 version for building LFS and UBUNTU 10.04 LTS as the
> host.
> While compiling(issuing the make command after configure) gcc-pass1 (which
> needs mpfr, gmp and mpc as its subpackages) it is showing an error "gmp.h
> can't be found, or is unusable" and in the next line "make[1]: ***
> [configure-mpfr] Error 1" I got that the mentioned file is missing but don't
> know how to fix this error.
> Please help me I am building LFS as my final year engineering Project. I am
> attaching the text from the terminal if you want you can have a look at it.
>
> Regards,
> mohit

Hi Mohit,

There's something wrong with the way you extracted the files I think.

It seems you are in /mnt/lfs/gcc-build/gcc-4.5.1, and that doesn't seem right.

I think you first entered the commands
mkdir -v ../gcc-build
cd ../gcc-build
and then extracted the GCC source.

What you should've done:
Extract GCC, cd into that dir ( /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-4.5.1 ), then
extract mpfr, gmp and mpc.
After that, create the gcc-build dir and cd into that, it should be
/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build then.

Try that, and it should probably solve your problem.

- Matijn