[lfs-support] Boot message log location

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Fri Aug 31 14:37:42 PDT 2012

On Aug 31, 2012, at 16:17 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Mikie wrote:
>> I will redo once more (4th attemp ... only the 1st booted succesfuly)
>> and pay particular attention to kernel config ... devtmpfs.
>>
>> ... but I am using the same script I made with few changes:
>>
>> http://www.mikienet.com/linux/lfs.htm
>>
>> So I don't know why this has started to happen.
>
> I think that you should not try to automate so much until you can do a
> manual install properly.  You will miss errors and not learn as much
> with automated scripts.
>
> For more on the kernel, look at
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/kernel-
> configuration.txt
>
>    -- Bruce

Hard to build a script when you aren't sure what is going on with the
build system. Know the build system then build your scripts. I've
noticed a flood of messages cause of your script. People build
scripts when they know what is going on with their project. And they
know how to troubleshoot it. It's hard to trouble shoot user scripts
as there are many ways to build and have the same outcome. For
instance, we have never seen your script. Second, you don't seem to
know how to figure out the issue, and third you expect us to figure
it out for you with information that is unavailable.

Sincerely,

William Harrington