[lfs-support] Boot message log location

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 30 17:13:24 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:30:30PM +0000, Mikie wrote:
> >It's possible you really do have filesystem errors, but that message might be provoked by other errors.  To begin with, you could try running fsck from the host system on the LFS partition(s).
>
> I can boot a live CD and mount /dev/sda1 (where I built LFS) with no problems.

 So, you have established that you _don't_ really have filesystem
errors.  That part is good.  Now, please read the rest of what I
wrote.

 We don't want a blow-by-blow account of what works, or indeed of
what doesn't work - in the end, you will have to fix it yourself.
If you get stuck after you have identified a particular error, and
cannot fix it, the list may be able to offer suggestions.  Debugging
your own errors is where the real learning starts.

ĸen