[lfs-support] Binutils compiling error

Aydın Demirel aydindem at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 13:42:07 PDT 2012

Hi;

29-08-2012 23:14 tarihinde, Bruce Dubbs yazdı:
> Aydın Demirel wrote:
>> Hi;
>>
>> I try to compiling lfs stable version (7.1). Currently, binutils package
>> gives an error while compiling:
>>
>>>   checking for gmp.h... no
>>>   configure: error: gmp.h can't be found, or is unusable
>>>   make[2]:***** [configure-stage1-mpfr] Error 1
>>>   make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/build-gcc'
>>>   make[1]:***** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
>>>   make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/build-gcc'
>>>   make:***** [all] Error 2
> If you have a problem with binutils, why are you in the build-gcc directory?

Yes, you are right. I sent another error (wrong copy :) ) Actual error
is following:

checking for gmp.h... no
configure: error: gmp.h can't be found, or is unusable.
make[1]: *** [configure-mpfr] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/binutils-build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

> If you are trying to build gcc, follow the instructions explicitly.
>

> In LFS, you build both binutils and gcc three times.  You need to
> specify which part of the book that is giving you problems.
>
>     -- Bruce

Can you re-evaluates accordingly?

Regards

--
*Aydın Demirel
Endersys Consultancy and Software- Senior Linux Administrator