[lfs-support] NFS root booting fails...

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 20:45:42 PDT 2012

Michael Robinson wrote:
> [root at goose64 etc]# cat fstab
> # Begin /etc/fstab
>
> # file system	mount-point	type	options		dump	fsck order
> goose64.robinson-west.com:/nfsroot/lfs/lfsx86_64/eagle64	/	nfs	rw,_netdev,rsize=8192,wsize=8192	1	1

NFS is a BLFS question, not LFS.  Please move the discussion there.

However it seems that /etc/init.d/mountvirtfs is not getting run:

if ! mountpoint /run >/dev/null; then
    mount -n /run || failed=1
fi

That's the very first boot script.  You might want to put some echo
commands there or perhaps a 'mount' command to see what is happening.

I do not have any experience mount / over nfs.

   -- Bruce