[lfs-support] autoreconf fails BLFS...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Fri Aug 24 23:49:34 PDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 07:13 +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 10:45:48PM -0700, Michael Robinson wrote:
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/basicnet/libtirpc.html
> >
> > bash-4.2# autoreconf
> > bash: /usr/bin/autoreconf: /tools/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
> > bash-4.2#
> >
>  /usr/bin/autoreconf is a perl script.  Not sure why yours contains
> /tools/bin/perl, nor why that no longer works, but try editing it in
> vim.  The current version (from 7.2-rc1) starts:
>
> #! /usr/bin/perl -w
> # -*- perl -*-
> # Generated from autoreconf.in; do not edit by hand.
>
>  I'm slightly perturbed that you have /tools in that script, it
> sounds as if something went wrong somewhere.
>
> ĸen
> --
> das eine Mal als Tragödie, das andere Mal als Farce

Maybe I forgot to rebuild autoconf in chapter 6???

Anyways, I'm getting this error now after changing /tools
in a number of perl scripts to /usr:

autom4te: cannot lock autom4te.cache/requests with mode 2: Input/output
error

I think it has something to do with NFS locking not working, because I'm
trying to compile the nfs utils still.