[lfs-support] autoreconf fails BLFS...

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 24 23:13:47 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 10:45:48PM -0700, Michael Robinson wrote:
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/basicnet/libtirpc.html
>
> bash-4.2# autoreconf
> bash: /usr/bin/autoreconf: /tools/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
> bash-4.2#

 /usr/bin/autoreconf is a perl script.  Not sure why yours contains
/tools/bin/perl, nor why that no longer works, but try editing it in
vim.  The current version (from 7.2-rc1) starts:

#! /usr/bin/perl -w
# -*- perl -*-
# Generated from autoreconf.in; do not edit by hand.

 I'm slightly perturbed that you have /tools in that script, it
sounds as if something went wrong somewhere.

ĸen