[lfs-support] rpcbind-0.2.0 errs our on make BLFS...

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 24 23:09:23 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 10:25:40PM -0700, Michael Robinson wrote:
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/basicnet/rpcbind.html
>
> /usr/lib/libtirpc.so: undefined reference to `key_encryptsession_pk'
> /usr/lib/libtirpc.so: undefined reference to `key_gendes'
> /usr/lib/libtirpc.so: undefined reference to `getnetname'
> /usr/lib/libtirpc.so: undefined reference to `getpublickey'
> /usr/lib/libtirpc.so: undefined reference to `_des_crypt_call'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Google is not helping much with this.  I've run into the suggestion that
> changes in glibc are to blame, but that evidently isn't correct.
>
> Hmm, should the error where /usr/lib/libtirpc.so is being looked at be
> something along the lines of /lib/libtirpc.so???

 Ah, this takes me back.  Let me guess - you are using LFS-7.1 ?  In
development, we've been copying the rpc and rpcsvc headers when we
install glibc.  Before that, in changeset r9030 at the end of
November, Bruce added the following to the install of libtirpc:

Glibc-2.14 and later do not install NIS and RPC related headers by
default.  If needed, install them here:

if [ ! -r /usr/include/rpc/rpc.h ]; then
   tar -xvf ../rpcnis-headers.tar.bz2 -C /usr/include
fi

 You can find the tarball (they were just stripped out of the
then-current version of glibc) at
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/sources/BLFS/svn/r/

 If you get that (it's easy enough to read in e.g. 'view' if you
don't take my word for what it contains :) and install it as above,
then have a fresh attempt, I think you will succeed.

 Must admit, I'd forgotten about that part of the pain - it looks as
if every new glibc release does things to inconvenience us - I can
still remember 2.15, and the probles with 2.16 were only (hopefully)
sorted out this week .

ĸen