[lfs-support] Link to libbz2.so

Feuerbacher, Alan AFeuerbacher at ALLEGROMICRO.com
Fri Aug 24 14:41:10 PDT 2012

Bruce wrote:

> > ... So I have to install everything in my own directories. I've
> > succeeded in doing this, and am now tying up a lot of loose ends.
>
> You could have told us that at the beginning!

Sorry, I didn't think it was relevant.

> Use:
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/afbacher/LFS71/lfs80/lib

That worked, even after removing the link I had found to be necessary. Thanks!

Another question: For making bzip2, the LFS book has the commands:

make PREFIX=/usr install
cp -av libbz2.so* /lib

Because of my unique environment I have to add "/home/afbacher/LFS71/lfs80" to /usr and /lib in those commands. What is it about adding that prefix that causes bzip2 to fail to find libbz2.so.1.0 in my environment, when it apparently can find that library in the normal LFS-assumed environment without using "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=..." ? I must not be understanding something basic about Linux search paths.

Alan