[lfs-support] Boot up on 7.1

Mike Johnston mkejohnston at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 17:27:11 PDT 2012

Hello,
I have just finished LFS 7.1 and have everything up and running. On bootup however, I keep getting "/lib/lsb/init-functions: line 668 /run/var/bootlog: No such file or directory".

This starts to happen after the message "Cleaning file systems".

The /run/var and friends are created in S00mountvirt* and they are indeed there.  Sometime between S00 and the S45cleanfs they get wiped out.

Everything else seems to work, I can login, my network is working etc...

Any ideas?

Thanks