[lfs-support] toolchain - chapter 6

Garrett Gaston garrett85 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 21 07:42:19 PDT 2012

`/tools/bin/ld' -> `/tools/bin/ld-old'`/tools/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld' -> `/tools/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld-old'mv: cannot stat `/tools/bin/ld-new': No such file or directory
The placed all the commands for http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter06/readjusting.html in a bash script and when I ran it this is what I got. It looks to me like the problems started on the third mv command given at the top of the chapter 6.10 Re-adjusting the toolchain. The error is No such file or directory, what and where could I have missed creating a directory. I thought I had followed the commands line for line? Thanks.