[lfs-support] Some questions

Jasmine Iwanek jasmine at iwanek.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 22:22:06 PDT 2012

On 2012-08-21 05:29, clannad月 wrote:
> I want to know some knowledge about "cross" linker,"cross"
> compiler.Because I can't understand the knowledge in the book.Thanks

It... urm doesn't really get much clearer than what's written in the
book.

But I will attempt to clarify anyway:

The reason why we crosslink in the book is so we keep what things that
were in the host system out of the system being built. the crosslink we
perform however isn't really a true crosslink but the way we do it
convinces the compiler to act as if we were building for a different
platform entirely thus keeping the host and target seperate.

--
Jasmine Iwanek