[lfs-support] Udev installation error - LFS chapter 6

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 20 07:30:31 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 05:33:08PM +0530, Oshadha Gunawardena wrote:
> Tried that, and I managed to configure it (trace - http://tny.cz/5f221035).
> But came out with a new error please refer the below trace
>
>   configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too
>   old.  Make sure it
>   is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
>   path to pkg-config.

 Actually, that one reports
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-keymap--disable-gudev

 The only oddity within it is that it tested for gperf, and found it
because you added it earlier.  The configure script has some code
just before that test, which ought to bypass the test when you specify
the --disable-keymap : no idea.

 I hadn't received Jasmine's response when I first replied (mailman,
the list manager, is slow today) - but I think the analysis was more
thorough than mine.

 If you are still trying to fix this, did you remove the udev
directory, and re-extract it after the earlier failures ?

ĸen