[lfs-support] Perl-5.16.1 test failures in Ch 6 SVN-20120816

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 20 03:14:11 PDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 08:26:39PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>

> >   In this case, I'd appreciate your comments (this list will do) on
> > automake (if you are testing it) - on a completed system, 1.12 and
> > later give me about 4 errors as a regular user (I'd still like to
> > get to grips with those, one day).  In a system which boots, but
> > where I've gone back to chroot, and in my results during regular
> > chroot, I get more than 80 failures when running the tests as root.
> > Most of them in t/instspc.tap.
>
> In a jhalfs build I have been testing automake-1.12.3.
>
> # TOTAL: 2823
> # PASS:  2618
> # SKIP:  166
> # XFAIL: 37
> # FAIL:  2
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
>
> And that's with the broken timezones.
>
> FAIL: t/python-missing.sh  (well yes, it's missing)
> FAIL: t/subdir-add2-pr46.sh ???
>
>    -- Bruce

 I'm close to giving up on the automake tests.  Last night I had 3
failures in 1.12.3 - but only once I ran the tests as a user.  I had
that t/python-missing.sh and assumed it was because Python is
installed (it's my bootable system, back in chroot).  My other two
were t/lex-clean-cxx and t/lex-depend-cxx : both undefined reference
to `yylex'.

 I suppose those lex tests are SKIP for you, because LFS has not
installed flex when automake is built.

 Retried 1.12.2 as a user, with a more minimal chown - blew out
trying to write ./test-suite.log.tmp : at least one failure, but it
had scrolled out of my term's buffer.  Seemed to work the next time,
with just the two lex-*cxx failures - then I realised I had run it
as root.

 Gave it a separate run overnight, as root - again only the two lex
failures.  I differ from the book by avoiding static libs as much as
possible.  I've just finished *another* run of 1.12.2, with libl.a
and libfl.a available for use - 83 failures - most are in
t/instspc.tap [ 11,12,14,16-62, 65-70, 72-84, 87-94 ] t/instdid.sh,
t/instdir2.sh, t/insthook.sh,t/instmany.sh, and _still_ the two
lex-*-cxx tests fail.

ĸen