[lfs-support] glibc pass 2 chapter-6

Garrett Gaston garrett85 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 18 08:40:49 PDT 2012

I have deviated from the book just a little. Instead of just typing the commands I'M placing all the commands for each page in a script called bld and running the script. In the script I'M appending each line with && so what each line will not proceed unless the previous line succeeded, in addition each script file end with these two lines: date > ../FLAG &&       &        echo GOODWhen I see GOOD I know everything executed okay and I have a record (FLAG) that will also let me know. My bld scripts are also keeping log files of whats going on. The only other thing I've changed is that I created a Chapter-# directory withing the sources directory, and in each Chapter-# I have a folder, the lfs-web-page/packages that I'M working on, that would also be where I unpack the packages into.The problem I'M having is that when I run glibc pass2 in chapter 6 I'M not getting GOOD at the end or getting my FLAG file so something is going wrong and I don't know what it is or how to identify it. Here is my log files and my bld script for chapter 6 glibc. I would really appreciate some help, thanks.

My script and log files: http://www.2shared.com/file/J5DFkXgs/the_log_filestar.html