[lfs-support] Stuck 6.49...

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 16:50:45 PDT 2012

Michael Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 17:29 -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Michael Robinson wrote:
>>> I don't have pkg-config installed, I wonder what I missed?
>>
>> What's your error?  We can't help without details.

> LFS Book 7.1 chapter 6 kmod.
>
> configure: error: in `/kmod-5':
> configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too
> old.  Make sure it
> is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
> path to pkg-config.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables liblzma_CFLAGS
> and liblzma_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
> To get pkg-config, see <http://pkg-config.freedesktop.org/>.
> See `config.log' for more details

You left off the environment variables to work around not having pkg-config:

liblzma_CFLAGS="-I/usr/include" \
liblzma_LIBS="-L/lib -llzma"    \
zlib_CFLAGS="-I/usr/include"    \
zlib_LIBS="-L/lib -lz"          \
./configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/bin --libdir=/lib --sysconfdir=/etc\
             --with-xz     --with-zlib

There cannot be any spaces after the backslashes.

   -- Bruce