[lfs-support] upgrading 2-year-old sys

Wed Aug 15 11:28:13 PDT 2012

Hi!

I had been using LFS for half a year until I realized that keeping it up-to-date is a pain. I feel I'd like to have some hard work again:), so now I'm trying to upgrade that system.
As far as I know It could be a failure, but definately not an easy task...
I'm confused about how to upgrade the toolchain. I believe constructing a temp. system can be skipped, as I have a functional LFS.
I'm doing the "project" chrooting into LFS. I have updated the arithmetic packages that gcc need, and binutils. Ok, to make it short I don't know the order of the packages to update.

Any clue would be appreciated!
adam