[lfs-support] LFS-BOOK-7.0:Section 8.3: Linux 3.1 Compilation.

Emerson Yesupatham yemerson1976 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:43:12 PDT 2012

Hi Team,

Thanks a lot for all your feedback. I have gone through them, below is
summary of my understanding and things I have planned to do:

1. I will try to configure minimal kernel which shall boot and enter into
LFS. For this, mainly I will focus on Block drivers and Filesystem drivers.
Later I will add/delete the other features as per need.
2. I will use tools like "lspci -v" to get HW details about my Host PC and
try to config my LFS kernel accordingly.
3. As per Ken's suggestion below, I will enable devtmpfs filesystem to
mount to /dev/ .

>>Also, in 7.0, we didn't advise you to use devtmpfs - it certainly
>>existed at that time, and is now required, so you ought to enable
>>it:

Hi Ken,
>> Unfortunately, those only tell use about the distro, not about your
>>machine.
Emerson: In case I need to provide info about my Host PC HW, which command
I should execute? Curious to know. WIll "lspci -v" be sufficient?

Thanks,
Emerson