[lfs-support] Error at GlibC

Eleanore Boyd cara117 at cox.net
Tue Aug 14 10:24:07 PDT 2012

On 8/14/2012 12:09 PM, Mikie wrote:

> >Make sure that all of gawk's dependencies are resolved, get rid of
> packages that rely solely on mawk, then make sure everything is
> configured to use gawk and restart. Unless you're in runlevel 3 or
> using a server edition of Ubuntu, the power symbol on the top toolbar
> is probably red, which means that the system wants to restart. (The
> gui is still good for some things. Like the browser.)
>
> >Elly
>
> Huh?
>
> I am on server and did a reboot but no difference :
>
> lfs at ubuntu:/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build$ make install
>
> LANGUAGE=C LC_ALL=C; export LANGUAGE LC_ALL; \
>
>         make -r PARALLELMFLAGS="" CVSOPTS="" -C ../glibc-2.14.1
> objdir=`pwd` install
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.14.1'
>
> mawk-f scripts/gen-sorted.awk \
>
> -v subdirs='csu assert ctype locale intl catgets math setjmp signal
> stdlib stdio-common libio malloc string wcsmbs time dirent grp pwd
> posix io termios resource misc socket sysvipc gmon gnulib iconv
> iconvdata wctype manual shadow gshadow po argp crypt nss localedata
> timezone rt conform debug libidn dlfcn elf' \
>
> -v srcpfx='' \
>
> nptl/sysdeps/pthread/Subdirs sysdeps/unix/inet/Subdirs
> sysdeps/unix/Subdirs assert/Depend intl/Depend catgets/Depend
> stdlib/Depend stdio-common/Depend libio/Depend malloc/Depend
> string/Depend wcsmbs/Depend time/Depend posix/Depend iconvdata/Depend
> nss/Depend localedata/Depend rt/Depend debug/Depend >
> /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/sysd-sorted-tmp
>
> /bin/sh: 1: mawk: not found
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/Versions.all', needed by
> `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/abi-versions.h'.  Stop.
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-2.14.1'
>
> make: *** [install] Error 2
>
> lfs at ubuntu:/mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build$

Did you also try deleting the untarred files and the build folder and
redoing the build from scratch? It might still be trying to find mawk.

If that fails as well, try rebuilding the entire LFS system, as the
tools might be directing to mawk as well. If even that fails, make sure
Ubuntu is using gawk as the default awk, and that all programs are using
gawk as well. Though, at last check, I didn't think the server edition
came with mawk at all...

Elly