[lfs-support] GCC-4.6.2 on 32 bit Mint13 mpfr error

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Sun Aug 12 13:36:30 PDT 2012

On Aug 12, 2012, at 14:27 PM, Richard Melville wrote:

> Just went through this step in linux mint 32bit in vmware and found
> no issues.
>
> That's because it's an intermittent bug.  I've just had the same
> problem using Linux Mint Cinnamon 64 bit.  Sometimes the error
> message appears and sometimes it doesn't.  If you look back through
> the posts in the mailing list you will see that a number of people
> have experienced this bug irrespective of host used.
>
> Richard

Hello Richard,

If the person does make again, does the system continue to build?

If so, what is their MAKEFLAGS setting or are they using make -j 2 or
4 or 6 or 8?

If not, do they have to remove the gcc build and gcc source
directories, then reextract gcc, then extract gmp, mpfr, mpc in the
gcc source tree then create gcc-build then reconfigure? And then does
that make it work?

Sincerely,

William Harrington