[lfs-support] PS1 for user lfs

Philippe Delavalade philippe.delavalade at orange.fr
Fri Apr 20 14:33:27 PDT 2012

Le vendredi 20 avril à 23:22, Bruce Dubbs a écrit :
> Philippe Delavalade wrote:
>
> > .bashrc and .bash_profile are exactly those of the book :-(
> >
> > My only deviation from the book is to have given a specific gid and uid to
> > lfs when executing groupadd and useradd, but I think it's not the reason
> > why PS1 goes wrong.
>
> Setting a specific uid and gid will not affect anything.
>
> What are the results of the host system requirements in section vii?

All seems correct ; I'm always very carefull with this each time.
I can rerun the script and send you the output.

> What happens if you just run `env -i HOME=$HOME TERM=$TERM PS1='\u:\w\$ '
> /bin/bash` from the command prompt?

Nothing change for the prompt :-(

> What is the full output of `set`?

Here it is :

BASH=/bin/bash
BASHOPTS=checkwinsize:cmdhist:expand_aliases:extquote:force_fignore:hostcomplete:interactive_comments:progcomp:promptvars:sourcepath
BASH_ALIASES=()
BASH_ARGC=()
BASH_ARGV=()
BASH_CMDS=()
BASH_LINENO=()
BASH_SOURCE=()
BASH_VERSINFO=([0]="4" [1]="2" [2]="20" [3]="1" [4]="release" [5]="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu")
BASH_VERSION='4.2.20(1)-release'
COLUMNS=80
DIRSTACK=()
EUID=1004
GROUPS=()
HISTFILE=/home/lfs/.bash_history
HISTFILESIZE=500
HISTSIZE=500
HOME=/home/lfs
HOSTNAME=magellan
HOSTTYPE=x86_64
IFS=$' \t\n'
LC_ALL=POSIX
LFS=/lfs
LFS_TGT=x86_64-lfs-linux-gnu
LINES=25
MACHTYPE=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
MAILCHECK=60
OPTERR=1
OPTIND=1
OSTYPE=linux-gnu
PATH=/tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
PIPESTATUS=([0]="0")
PPID=25544
PS1='${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\u@\h:\w\$ '
PS2='> '
PS4='+ '
PWD=/lfs/sources
SHELL=/bin/bash
SHELLOPTS=braceexpand:emacs:histexpand:history:interactive-comments:monitor
SHLVL=1
TERM=linux
UID=1004
_=PATH