[lfs-support] error regarding chapter 6.13 binutils

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 13 07:27:59 PDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 01:00:33PM +0530, ankit vishwakarma wrote:
> while performing the make -k check operation the following error occured
>

> 		=== ld Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes		598
> # of unexpected failures	1
> # of expected failures		5
> # of unresolved testcases	3
> /sources/binutils-build/ld/ld-new 2.22

 Whatever failed, the 1 unexpected failure was somewhere before
this, hopefully marked by a 'FAIL:' message.

> Does this cause any error shall i continue with the build?
> Thank You

 If anyone only gets a few failures (in single figures) then I very
much doubt that anything serious is wrong.  If you have the log, you
can look for the FAIL message to see which one test failed, and
google for that message.  Sometimes, different host kernels/distros
or uncommon processors cause failures.  But that is only worth doing
for one failure if you are really obsessive ;-)

 One failure is nothing to worry about.  The expected failures and
unresolved testcases should be ignored.

ĸen