[lfs-support] Network config (Chapters 7.2 and 7.6 of the LFS book 7.1)

loki loki at pancevo.rs
Thu Apr 12 06:30:15 PDT 2012

Heya,

wanted just to give my two cents regarding the new
sysconfig/ifconfig.eth# methodolgy.
With the old one (network-devices directory) I had the possibility to
put more then one option for one ethernet card (for instance one ip
address and two static routes within 3 files). With the new
methodology I have to change the init scripts, have to hardcode
additional options into scripts and such. The new one is better for
simple setups. The old one is better for complex setups. And at
the end I installed the old ones :-)

L...

Mrvos Daniel

Gradska Uprava Grada Panceva