[lfs-support] Ncurses compilation during the Temp Tools stage

Эмиль Кранц bl8r1ner at tut.by
Sun Apr 8 14:33:15 PDT 2012

Well, here is the snippet of ncurses configure script. All book
instructions were followed to the letter.
Fresh install, host is BLFS-7.0
./configure --prefix=/tools --with-shared \
    --without-debug --without-ada --enable-overwrite
checking for default model... shared
checking if you want to bchecking if you want to build libraries with
libtool... no
checking if you want to build shared libraries... yes
checking if you want to build static libraries... yes
checking if you want to build debug libraries... no
checking if you want to build profiling libraries... no
checking for specified models...  shared normal
checking for default model... shared
checking if you want to build a separate terminfo library... no
checking if you want to build a separate tic library... no
checking if you want to link with the GPM mouse library... yes
checking for gpm.h... yes
checking for Gpm_Open in -lgpm... no
configure: error: Cannot link with GPM library
If one goes:
lfs:/mnt/lfs/sources/ncurses-5.9$ ./configure --help |grep gpm
  --with-gpm              use Alessandro Rubini's GPM library

Adding --without-gpm to the configure script allows to continue.

Again, if trying to replicate the condition after the full
installation - only harmless warning  will be issued.

Emile Krantz