[lfs-support] Ncurses compilation during the Temp Tools stage

Eleanore Boyd cara117 at cox.net
Sat Apr 7 11:49:44 PDT 2012

On 4/7/2012 12:11 PM, Эмиль Кранц wrote:
> Hello all.
> Ncurses configure script during the Temp tools stage (chapter 5.15)
> gives an error, requesting to be complied against gpm. As gpm is
> installed in BLFS, the key "--without-gpm" should be passed to the
> configure script, in addition. All works well from there.
> Cheers.
> Emile Krantz
You do realize that it helps everyone immensely if you include the
message received instead of simply telling us about it. For all we know,
your suggestion could be arbitrary and irrelevant because the error you
describe is simply a warning. Warnings mean nothing to building LFS,
they simply say that the package building doesn't like something in the
build environment, but it'll keep going.

Elly