[lfs-support] problem with section 6.9 of LFS 7.1

Andrew Benton andy at benton.eu.com
Fri Apr 6 18:36:55 PDT 2012

On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 01:38:22 +0100
Charles Wood <wood.charles.h at gmail.com> wrote:

> Installing glibc-2.14.1
>
> I am a student and am doing Linux From Scratch as a class project. I am
> working on section 6.9, installing glibc-2.14.1. I have made sure I am
> entering all the commands correctly. When I perform "make install" it runs
> for quite awhile but gives an error at the end. Here is a copy of the text:
>
> test ! -x /sources/glibc-build/elf/ldconfig || LC_ALL=C LANGUAGE=C \
>   /sources/glibc-build/elf/ldconfig  \
>                    /lib64 /usr/lib64
> CC="gcc" /usr/bin/perl scripts/test-installation.pl /sources/glibc-build/
> gcc: error: /tmp/test-prg5634: No such file or directory

> I have double-checked and entered the sed commands concerning the
> test-installation.pl script.

Have you tried just copy and pasting them from your browser into your
terminal? It's hard to type every character exactly so my money is on a
typo entering the sed.

> Any ideas?

Maybe I shouldn't lead you astray, but you could disable running
test-installation.pl completely:

sed -i '/t-i/d' Makefile
make install

I've never known test-installation.pl to tell me anything useful. If
you glibc install is b0rken you'll know soon enough :)

Andy