[lfs-support] Can i write my own init scripts skiping linuxfromscratch boot scripts? Can i skip patching?

gmspro gmspro at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 02:34:23 PDT 2012

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter07/bootscripts.html

Here there are bootscripts. I want to make my own linux. That's why i don't want to use others' script. If i don't install those scripts will the lfs work or will it be bootable?

If i don't install those scripts do i have to write my own boot scripts?

And who write patches for packages for example ,
patch -Np1 -i ../gcc-4.6.2-cross_compile-1.patch  in http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter05/gcc-pass1.html

Can i skip those patches, can i try installing the original
package skipping patching?